A History of FBC Eupora
On Sunday, February 2, 1890, a small group of seven Baptists met with Dr. John T. Christian of the Mississippi Baptist Convention to organize a Baptist church in Eupora. Originally named Eupora Baptist Church, the name was later changed to First Baptist Church. The church became a member of the Zion Baptist Association in September of 1890.
The original church was a white frame building built in 1891. A second building was built in 1912 on the site now occupied by CB&S Bank. The third and present sanctuary was built in 1949, with an education building being added in 1965. Our latest addition was the Family Life Center, which was built in 1997.
Through the years, FBC has continued to grow and develop in ministry and giving. We currently have a full-time staff of five and a part-time staff of three. Today our church is a strong and vital local congregation active in Mississippi Baptist and Southern Baptist life and ministry. It is rich in history, and faith, and glorious accomplishment of work for the Kingdom of Christ.
Join us in fellowship each Sunday for Sunday School at 9:45 a.m., Morning Worship at 10:50 a.m., and Evening Worship at 6 p.m. Our Wednesday Evening Prayer and Praise service begins at 6:30 p.m.. Our Sunday Worship services can also be heard live locally on Cable Channel 13 and on WLZA 96.1 FM.
* As we are undergoing the renovation of the sanctuary, we discovered an old well underneath the stage area. Sara Hitt brought by copies of the boarding house that was located on this property before the church was located here…in one or two of the photos, you can see the well…